Contact: Tim Burrow, Agribusiness Australia
p: 08 8364 5062 e: firstname.lastname@example.org w: www.agribusiness.asn.au
Date: 9 May 2016 - 12 August 2016 RSVP: 12 August 2016
Location: All of Tasmania
Intended Audience: Year 12's
Encouraging Australia's youth to choose a career in Agribusiness
Agribusiness in Australia has and will always be one of this country's industry pillars. Currently the political, media and business dialogue is again focused on our sector with the belief that we will be a continued staple for Australia's prosperity.
Each year Agribusiness Australia formerly the Agribusiness Association of Australia announces a scholarship encouraging young Australians to undertake tertiary education in agriculture.
This respected $3,000 multi-year scholarship is part of Agribusiness Australia's key priority of aspiring agribusiness students into the industry to ensure that agribusiness continues to be a major contributor to the Australian economy.
Applications are now open to eligible high school students residing in either Victoria or neighbouring Tasmania which reflects the state hosting the Agribusiness Australia's annual general meeting which this year will be held in Melbourne. The winner will be announced at a dinner following the annual general meeting in September 2016.
Tim Burrow, Agribusiness Australia Chief Executive Officer said that secondary school networks have always been very positive about the scholarship.
"The schools are confident that there are many worthy applicants who would embrace the opportunity to have their future studies supported by such a fantastic scholarship, Tim said.
Last year's recipient will join previous winners, Edon Lindell, ACT; Molly Ashby, SA and inaugural winner Lachlan Lancaster, Qld.
Edon continues her study in veterinary science at Charles Sturt University and hopes that by studying an agricultural degree that it will allow her to give back to the community.
"I'd really like to work with younger people in a mentoring role and in the future look at working in a rural-based mixed veterinary practice", Edon said.
Details of the Agribusiness Australia Scholarship are listed below.Open to all Victorian or Tasmanian students who are currently in or starting their final year of high school regardless if they have an agriculture program.
- Applicants must display a solid academic performance – credit average.
- Applicants should display leadership qualities and engage in extracurricular or volunteer work.
- Scholarship commences upon the student's acceptance into an agriculture related degree. If the student is not accepted or does not elect an agriculture related degree, then the scholarship is forfeited.
- Scholarship recipient will receive $1,000 per annum for three consecutive years of study upon continuous enrolment in a university agriculture related degree.
- Applications will be assessed by the Agribusiness Australia Scholarship Committee and approved by the Agribusiness Australia Board.
- In addition, the scholarship recipient will have the opportunity to do one week's work experience with a member of Agribusiness Australia.
- Applications close on 5 pm on Friday 12 August 2016.
- The winner must submit a one to two page report that will be uploaded to the Agribusiness Australia website. The focus of the report is to be on learning's during the school year and encouragement to others.
- Application forms are available at www.agribusiness.asn.au
- Applications can be emailed to email@example.com FLYER/Application Form