Thursday, 13 November 2014

Student Greencards

Contact: Trisha Reardon, Department of State Growth
p: 6166 3333   e:

Location: Statewide

Intended Audience: Primary and High Schools

Student Greencards - apply early and save!
  • Have you ever had a Student Greencard?
  • Does your Free Travel Student Greencard Expire at the end of 2014?
If you are studying full-time in 2015, turning 18 or less AND travel on a bus where a fare is paid - You need a Student Greencard!

If you don't have a valid Student Greencard before school goes back in 2015 you will be required to pay the full student fare, even if you have travelled for free in the past.

Applications can be submitted from the 17th November 2014 and if received by the 2nd January 2015, you will receive a new Student Greencard before school goes back in 2015! All applications received after the 2nd January 2015 will be processed as soon as possible.

There are two ways students can apply for a New/Renewal Student Greencard:
  1. Online  
  2. Paper application forms can be obtained from Service Tasmania Shops, by going onto our website and printing one off, or by requesting copies directly from the Department on 6166 3333.
Students who have lost their free travel Student Greencard (with eligibility via concession card status- excluding Metro travel) can now get a replacement online for a fee of $11. Free travel Student Greencard can also be replaced at Service Tasmania Shops for a fee of $11.

Students who have lost their fare paying Student Greencard OR students who only travel on Metro (free and pay a fare) are still required to replace at Metro for a fee of $5.

If you require any further information, please contact the Student Travel Officers on 6166 3333 or 6166 3341 or free call on 1300 851 225.